The voyage to smile :)

Yesterday I visited my dentist after Im-still-calculating years and his soo wide smile was as welcoming as ever! I was looking around at the posters hung with perfect smiles and shines. The perfect habits and the perfect models with perfect faces having perfect teeth. The world is indeed too judgmental to be survived. I was there for dad's treatment and I happened to go through all those seats where I used to shriek like anything. Back then 2010 I guess twas. around Nov-Dec it was decided that I was going to get braces on. I knew this day was to come. It had to. The teases were getting out of hand. December is when I was informed that four of my molars were to be plucked. 
AND that was it. there were nightmares, impractical conclusive thoughts and endless chain of questions. 15th of Dec that happens to be my birthday is when it started with each teeth being removed a day. I still have kept 2 of 'em as birthday gifts from doctor. The pain even after more than half dozens of anesthetic injections was immense. Because regular teeth are single rooted. Rare are exceptions and I was one of them. I had two rooted molars. Which if had been left would have celebrated my 203th birthday possibly inside my mouth. The blood that escaped was enough to maybe paint a large drawing room? 
All this while naturally because I was a fresher to teenage I consumed and contained all this for one very very silly reason. But anyway it gave strength! Whenever I felt pain filling me I thought of that one guy I liked (Only liked) who had given terrible reviews of me to no one better than my best friend! I tolerated thinking I'd possibly get him after all this is over. Its for him. For my love. Hahahaha! Lets just laugh it off. 
Last year he came up saying you are too cute now and pretty and stuff like that and I was like, "okay, thanks." It just didn't matter anymore. 
Soon the brackets were put on and with passing months wires and then those irritating tiny plastic rubbers. Each day and month decreasing the spacing of the teeth. With that decreased the space between the innocent me, the teased me, the ugly me AND the smart me, the confident me and the beautiful me. Little did I know that beauty had no measures. It was and will be always a feeling that is felt, seen and generated inside. You don't need skillful doctors to be beautiful. You need them to bring it out. Too polish your surfaces so your inner self shines. They are just blacksmiths. Months passed and they were my organs now. It was a rule to just not run your tongue freely about. Then slowly when I was all cool about it, it was time. They were removed. 
And I went around flaunting. This was now 8th. I was high. A lot of guys around and a many friends made that used to flaunt me around. It was too high and too sudden. Valentines day being a benchmark.  But couldn't obviously persist being of so extreme nature. There were jealous friends. Best friends back biting. I cried. You know, you just can't be painted onto frames of other mindsets. And soon realized that I was changed outside but the inside was yet to be changed. And nobody, nobody can actually do that for you! They might aid but the operator remains you. From then on I was on a life long construction of emotional well being. I got to know that feeling good about yourself, your environment, your possessions, your people and your deeds was a inner process. And unlike the teeth treatment it never ends. The braces just modify and glorify your teeth once and for all. You feel too good but this inner process is never ending so it keeps embracing you with its joyous nature every then and now. Since then I have turned a lot practical, directional and wide minded. And yes, the smile is as beautiful as ever. Because now its shape holds lesser value in its meaning but the euphoria it depicts, predominantly constitutes its meaning. :')

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The intruder.

Fall in. Fall out. Did you fall really?

The man you dont know