Chapter one

Today as I sit here devastated on the blunders I’ve done and the sins I’ve committed I also realize what a beautiful phase I lived. Flawless would also be flawed if I were to describe. Like a rainbow that saves the sky its beauty after a violent storm, like a cure that saves a diseased, like a drop of water that saves an almost dead plant, like a candy that keeps a child’s heart from disappointment, like a Sunday’s sleep that adds loads of working capacity to you, like a coffee that makes you lift that last dumble. Yeah, that’s what he did to me. The only thing (because I called him as certain fruits) that could lift up my mood in the blink of an eye and the opposite. Today a lot of me is from him. And I don’t mind inheriting any of it.

August, 2012

Class 9th it was.
After the interval of every 2-3 days I used to meet this acquaintance at water cooler. And though I dint like him much but his warm greetings were hard to be ignored. I used to wave back a hi and walk past. But that day he did something different.

“Hiii Manvviii!” exclaimed kartik.
“Hi Kartik.” I said wiping off the water from my face.
“Take my hanky?” with his usual mischievous grin.
“Nah, Thankyou.” And minded my way.
He looked disappointed. But I cared little before walking away.

We managed to be promoted to class 10th. I had a record of never studying before 3-4 days for my yearly and half-yearly exams. It was the first one that very day. After sharing all the tensions and everything we headed to our respective examination rooms. Mine was on the second floor. There on the water cooler I found him again. I sipped in some water to calm my nerves and this naughty lad as he was reputed at that time came up to to me again.

“Manvi! There again. Why do I always see you here?”
“Because you are always found here maybe?” I sounded obvious.
“Excuse me, I know I look like a very jobless person but not to that extend.” He emphasized.
“Anyway, how are you?” I tried not to sound too arrogant.
“I’m always great. What about you miss gorgeous?”
“Haha. Kartik you can never change! Anyway catch up with you later? The exam is about to start! Good luck.” I awaited his reply.
“Wipe that water off with my hanky? It does no harm I swear.” He said politely.
I too gave a second thought to it, it was no harm. Within seconds I wiped my face with that handkerchief, thanked him and rushed into my room.


The seat allotted to me was on the first desk. I kept my bag in the front as per rules and took my stationary along to my seat, where when I seated myself comfortably I noticed a familiar face sitting on the first desk in the class diagonal to mine. Kartik it was again. Wandering everywhere except where he really should that is on the paper. And then suddenly noticed me and smiled calmly. I realized he was cute. That very moment. It was stupid given the time; the papers were being distributed. Once I started I realized this guy was involuntarily becoming a big distraction. Not because of the numerous MCQs he was asking with sign language but because he was just being cute. But well those were just my eyes. My brain was still known to his reputation. Concentrate manvi! Yelled my brain aloud. This went on for three papers out of five, even in mathematics where he expected me to yell out numbers and methodologies. Gosh! He was not imposing himself on me, I just couldn’t refuse him. And hence by the fourth paper I requested the teacher and got my seat shifted. Peace, I thought. After the paper he just used to exchange glances or smile as if it was my duty to help him out. I never minded. I never really spoke with these brats anyway. They were labeled as the bad boys of the school because. Secretly admired the happening life they lived. Little did I know I was to know all of them in and out and realize how perfect they were as family person, sons, and brothers.  He was the same.  Soon enough we started actually conversing.  On the water coolers ,with the handkerchiefs. Very later did he tell me that he was very annoyed with my habit of wiping the hands opening the entire hanky and not with just one part or side of it. I actually had somehow fallen for that gesture. Yet somehow my mind tend to mostly overtake. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The intruder.

Fall in. Fall out. Did you fall really?

The man you dont know